The Shebang collective:
The whole Shebang is 3 female artists; Jenny Cashmore, Sarah Wyatt and Nichola Goff.
Shebang’s aims are:
- To use contemporary art to explore how we live our lives. Enabling positive social change through artist led activity and community spaces- looking to reinforce alternative structures of existence.
- To inspire, co-create, investigate and activate by delivering artist-led events, workshops and projects.
- To explore social and geographical politics within our local and wider communities.
- To collectivise our strengths, looking at how to generate spaces and projects that invite wider community involvement. To infuse radical thinking into ideas about community spaces in a rural area where people experience isolation and a lack of cultural encounters.
- To make projects and work that is accessible and inclusive to all ages and genders.
Shebang have organised various social events around campaign issues and help to organise a women’s space in the campaign’s field at the Green Gathering Festival. Current projects include:
The Canopy Phone Box project: Working with 5 other artists and local communities to develop work within disused Phone Boxes around the Forest of Dean.
Artist-led walks: Developing a series of curated walks exploring the Wales / England Border.
Follow Shebang on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date:
Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org